Real English Conversations
Quickly Improve Your Confidence and Speaking Fluency and Communication Skills
Get faster results with lessons that are personalized to the specific skills and goals you need to improve most.
Choose Your Teacher
Find the perfect teacher for you that is experienced in the areas you want to improve!
Have a Plan For Success
Each one-to-one lesson follows a plan which is created for each student according to your goals, interests and needs.
Accelerate Your Progress
Get access to speaking practice groups and online lessons to continue learning between your lessons with your teacher.
And because I know I’m not alone in my English learning journey that keeps my motivation high. As a result, my English has been taken to a higher level. Now, I definitely feel more confident.
Hello, I’m from Mexico. What I do like most about Real English Conversations is their speaking exercises because they help me to improve my English and pronunciation. And also, the most important thing, they help me to think in English!
Get to the next level of Fluency
Becoming a confident English speaker starts with learning from real English conversations – not from textbooks and grammar rules.
Let us show you how!
About Real English Conversations
Amy and Curtis understand what it is like to be an adult language learner AND what it feels like to move to another country that speaks another language with a new culture.
In 2016, we sold our house and everything we owned to follow our dreams to move to Mexico and live permanently. This allowed us to focus on teaching English full-time and to further develop the online courses on this website.
After going through the process of learning a language ourselves, combined with the experience of teaching thousands of students around the world, we have the skills and methodology to help students succeed and reach their goals!
From Kelowna, BC, Canada
- TEFL Certified Teacher
- Sucessfully learned a second language as an adult
- Has immigrated to and lives another country
- Taught more than 4500 private lessons to students from 50+ countries
- Work History: 6 years English Teaching experience, entrepreneur for 3 businesses (local delivery service, software company, and Real English Conversations), medical office manager, baker & cook.
- Interests: traveling, language learning, cooking, snowboarding, camping, hanging out at the beach and with my kitty cats
from Edmonton, AB, Canada
- TEFL Certified Teacher
- Upper-intermediate Spanish speaker working toward fluency
- Has immigrated to and lives in another country
- 4000 private lessons taught to students from 60+ countries
- Work History: 5 years English Teaching experience, entrepreneur for 3 businesses (mobile DJ company, local delivery service, and Real English Conversations), sales & customer service, and radio broadcasting.
- Interests: music and DJing, traveling & culture, language learning, eating tasty food, camping, finding new beaches.
More REC Student Experiences
Thanks to their everyday English conversations, I feel more confident when I need to talk, I have a better flow while speaking and that is so important because my profession demands a good level of English, I’m a professional pilot, thanks so much to Amy and Curtis for taking your time to help people to learn, you are awesome people. Keep up the good work and thanks for everything!
I’m thinking about moving to USA in order to improve my level and discover a new culture, new places and also live new experiences. Congratulations and thank you very much for everything you’ve done for all of your listeners to understand more from each of your English conversations!