Become an REC Teacher!
Real English Conversations is currently seeking experienced and enthusiastic ESL/EFL tutors to work with pre-intermediate to advanced level students. Our motivated adult learners are enrolled in our English Fluency Programs which focus on improving their speaking, fluency and listening skills for confident communication in the real world.
Although we are a small company, we are passionate about helping our students and finally providing a solution to their problems with fluency. We are excited to be accepting additional teachers to work closely with us and our students to deliver noticeable results through our courses and methodology.
Real English conversations is currently hiring English teachers to help with our one-to-one lessons for students that are enrolled in our online programs. This position is ideal for teachers that are looking for a flexible position that works with/around other teaching platforms or for someone that is looking for some part-time teaching work.
Our students are adult learners that are generally between 25 and 65 years old who are motivated to improve their English communication skills that come from literally all around the world. Most have a pre-intermediate to low-advanced level of English. The primary focus of our program is to improve speaking and listening skills for confident communication in English using our methodology and your experience.
Position: Independent Contractor – English Teacher/Tutor
- $15 USD per 45-min lesson (after completing the trial/training period of 50 successful lessons taught at $13/45-min lesson)
- Bonus incentives for converting students from a trial to a package
- Admin Work $15 USD/hr – Flexible work that can be completed around lessons or your schedule)
Start Date: This is an ongoing position to be filled as needed. After the interview process, successful candidates will begin their basic training and will be ready to accept students immediately upon completing the initial training (2-3 hour setup and orientation course for conversation lessons teachers/tutors)
- Minimum of 20 hours/week (availability between all teaching positions), with space in your schedule to accept a minimum of 10 hours/week of lessons from us.
- All hours of the day and all time zones will be considered. We have students from around the world. Currently, our teachers are all located in the North/Central America and it would be helpful to have teachers in different time zones to serve our European/Asian students better; however, this is not a requirement.
Must apply online:
- Here, on this page or via the Google Form here (same as the form below)
- You will receive a confirmation that your application was submitted which means that we received it.
- Email and in-person applications are not being accepted for this position.
- Please understand that we received many applicants and it’s impossible to reply to everyone 🙂
- To ensure that your application is in good standing for future positions as they become available, please refrain from contacting us or reapplying more than once per month. Applicants that contact us by email or private message will immediately be disqualified due to an overwhelming number of applications we tend to receive.
About the Position
Our tutors work in a diverse and dynamic setting with students from all around the world who speak many different languages. However, all lessons are conducted 100% in English. Our focus is on building confidence and improving communication according to the students interests and goals.
As remote tutors, successful candidates will teach online lessons as independent contractors working from home with flexible hours that they set. This position is ideal for a someone who is already working part-time on another platform but looking to pick up some additional lessons with students or someone looking for part-time work that could develop into a full time schedule. The number of hours or lessons taught per week will depend on the candidates presentation video, availability, likeability (with students), and unique skills or specialties.
Skills and Requirements
- Experienced teachers of ESL (English as a second language) or EFL (English as a foreign Language)
- One-to-one teaching/tutoring experience is ideal
- Personal experience with learning a language to a B1-C2 level is an asset
- At least 15 hours a week of availability for tutoring
- Access to high-speed capable of transmitting seamless video (30mb/s download | 5mb/s upload with a stable connection)
- TESOL/TEFL Certificate preferred; however, relevant experience will be considered
- American English (native) or British English (native)