Speaking Practice Questions:
In your own words, try to answer these questions based on the short film you just watched.
What is the first problem in the elevator?
- Hint: The number of people
What was he doing with his calculator?
- Hint: Weight limit
What was he thinking when the second elevator opened?
- Hint: Relieved / Thinner people – less weight
What was the problem in the second elevator?
- Hint: Sick people
Related Vocabulary to Try and Use
- Floor: In an elevator or a tall building, you refer to the level as the ‘floor’
- Which floor are you going to? The second floor, please.
- Weight Limit: The maximum weight that is allowed in an elevator
- The weight limit of the elevator is 2000 pounds
- Overweight: A person that weighs more than the average, healthy person.
- The first elevator was full of overweight people.
- Crowded: Lots of people with very little space.
- The elevator was very crowded with large, overweight people.
- Creak: A high-pitched sound when something is moved or when pressure or weight is applied.
- The elevator made a horrible creaking sound when it had a lot of weight in it.
- Mucous: A type of slimy liquid that is produced by the body.
- Someone coughed and sprayed mucous on the back of the main characters head.